Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ahh... Summer!

I'm reminded today of the things I love about summer, particularly since the last of my meeting/training days ended today.

I love early summer mornings. Even though I will probably always struggle to get out of bed before 6:00, I savor the cool, damp, peaceful mornings of summer. There is nothing more refreshing! It would be even more refreshing if I was on a brisk run, but unfortunately, lately my growing belly seems to be responding better to a brisk, long walk.

I also love summer reading. I can honestly say that I haven't watched a single full length episode of anything on TV since school got out. I cannot get enough of reading the books I never, ever get to during the school year, due to lack to time and/or not being able to stay awake long enough! Thanks to recommendations from friends, I've compiled a list that should keep me occupied for quite awhile.

I love all things about being a mom in the summer. It is so fun spoiling Ben with popsicles and trips to DQ, and enjoying the wading pool almost as much as he does. I love taking him places, like the zoo or the library. I'm sure going to the same park that has his favorite digger and slides will get old, but I can't get enough of reveling in how much he can do on his own compared to everything I remember from last summer. And this summer, I'm especially loving his new found independence at being able to play by himself for longer periods of time. Sometimes I can get other things done, and other times, I just like to listen to him talk to himself!

On another note, on Tuesday we have the big appointment where we will find out whether the baby is a boy or a girl. I'm really excited to know this time around! Last night, I had two dreams and in one, I found out I was having a girl, and in the other, it was a boy. 5 days until we actually find out!

One of my summer goals is to get all my flip videos and pictures organized, but I suppose another should be to actually start taking pictures again. This photo of Ben digging in the dirt (a favorite lately) is truly the only picture I've taken for quite some time. It will have to suffice, but hopefully more will follow documenting some of our summer fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment