However, this evening turned out to be about the most perfect spring evening I could have asked for. Ben, Brant, and I were all home together, which often doesn't happen on Mondays. I made a new recipe for mini pita pizzas that turned out to be a hit with all three of us. Simple, I know. However, I've felt that my cooking has been in rut for some time now and finding something that all of us seemed to love is always a big success my eyes. My biggest highlight this evening, however, was going on our first canoe ride of the spring and Ben's first canoe ride ever. Brant got the canoe for his birthday in January and tonight all three of us went on a pleasant, quiet, relaxing ride around the pond. Ben showed no fear. We listened to the birds singing, heard a few fish splash, and watched a baby duck swim underwater and pop back up. I would say it was the perfect end to the evening, but Ben topped it off at bedtime by singing "Jesus Loves Me" from beginning to end all by himself. Precious, beautiful, innocent. Now that is a much better start to the week!





No comments:
Post a Comment