Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Love This!

I have a whole list of Ben-isms I'm loving right now. I managed to catch one of them on video today. As a mom, I say, "Ahhh, cute!" and as a teacher I think, "Those are such great early literacy skills." Check it out!

Also, topping the list at the moment are:

  • Ben's use of the word delicious. Everything lately is delicious, according to Ben.
  • His random use of the line, "I love Mommy!" and "I love Daddy!" Whether it is in the parking lot, while he is playing, or just at the supper table, he melts our hearts with these comments that seem to come out of the blue. However, for the first time tonight he started to apply it to lots of other things, saying, "I love basketball!" and "I love chocolate!" (he is a mama's boy) and "I love spiders!" (WHAT?!?).
  • His absolute love of ice cream. After devouring ice cream after supper tonight, I caught him trying to stick his head in the tiny little bowl to lick up every last drop.
  • The beginning of pretend play. Sometimes, Ben will get out his puppets and put them on his hand and attempt to have pretend conversations with them. Tonight, he told his frog puppet to "Have fun at the game!"

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for Heisman to talk so I can post all of the funny things he says :) How cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's advanced ... but I'm not surprised! :)

    ReplyDelete