Sunday, January 17, 2010

Precious Moment

The little things Ben does everyday are so fun to watch, but there are moments that I know I'll never forget. Today, I had one of those moments. Recently, I've caught Ben saying the words to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" when he is playing, somewhat intermittently. When I put him down to nap today, I started in on the three songs I usually sing when sleep is to follow, but he kept saying, "Sing Twinkle Star?" over and over. I finally broke from the routine and began to sing the song he wanted. And then... he started to "sing" with me. Although he doesn't exactly carry a tune yet, his words matched mine and from there, we sang it several more times and even more at bedtime. Tears welled in my eyes both times. It was a beautiful, precious, sweet moment.

1 comment:

  1. You brought tears to my eyes too!! God's little blessings are so special! :)

    ReplyDelete