We had a busy, but fun Easter weekend! On Saturday, we traveled to Mason City to have Easter with Brant's side of the family. We enjoyed a day of good food, good company, and even a lively game of charades. There's nothing like acting out mechanical bull in front of the family! And, Brant did an excellent Buddy Holly! On Saturday evening, Brant, Ben, and I retreated to the condo at Clear Lake. Perhaps one of the best Easter treats was looking at the clock this morning and finding that it was a quarter to nine and Ben was STILL sleeping. We then headed to Ames for dinner with Grandma Anderson and Uncle Nick. Again, good food and good company. Although there wasn't a lively game of charades, Uncle Nick gave Ben and new barn set and he has thoroughly enjoyed playing with it.Due to all the other events of the weekend, the Easter bunny made an evening arrival at our house. Ben appeared to love his first Easter egg hunt. He quickly figured out how to open the eggs and that his favorite snacks were inside! I've never seen him attack puffs, veggie crackers, and yogurt melts so quickly. Additionally, I'm excited that the Easter bunny brought some new flip books to read. Ben loves to listen to stories and I'm very ready for a few fresh stories! How did the Easter bunny know just what to give!?

No comments:
Post a Comment