
I just have to share a few moments from our last few weeks that I hope I'll always remember. Even though it was a few weeks ago, I'll start with Mother's Day. Mother's Day weekend was great, but there were two moments in particular where Mother's Day and motherhood collided. On the evening before Mother's Day, we went out to dinner at Splash downtown with Brant's family. The kids were with us, so I was well prepared with baby food and toys for Abby and a variety of toys for Ben. I always feel like we practically move into the place and then have to really check to make sure we've picked up everything before we leave. When got home, we had a little more that we bargained for. Somehow, a dinner fork ended up in my purse and made it's way home with us. I have no idea how - sorry, Splash!
Another thing we did for Mother's Day was have lunch with my grandma. Abby was pretty squirrely so I was bouncing her around a lot. I lifted her in the air above me and the classic spit up scene occured. I was covered in spit up from my chin to my belly button, literally - right on down my shirt! It was quite difficult to clean up in pulic! What an irony for Mother's Day - apparently someone forgot to tell Abby to take it easy on Mom.

I see it! I see it! Abby has your smile!
ReplyDelete