Today was a big day! We braved the cold, rainy weather and Ben took a ride on Thomas the Tank Engine at the Boone Scenic Valley Railroad! Despite the glum look on his face in front of Thomas (probably because of the downpour), he really seemed to enjoy himself. When I put him down for a nap this afternoon, my heart melted when I whispered, "I had a fun time with you on Thomas today," and he whispered back, "Yeah, me too." Who knew two parents could be just as excited to see Thomas as their two year old? Or, should I more accurately say, just as excited to see the reaction and wonder of their two year old!


I want to go in December when they do Polar Express! It's Aiden's all time favorite movie - has been since he first saw it when he was about 16 months old. I keep wanting to take him. Perhaps I should do it this Christmas. I cried when I read how your heart melted. We have a similar Polar Express story for that...Aiden thinks his Papa is the conductor (he does look like him, but Aiden (and Preston) truly believe that it IS Papa, not just a look-a-like). When Aiden was 2, I printed him a ticket that looked like the Polar Express tickets. I printed a coordinating envelope and we took them to Christmas Eve Service. After the service, we had Papa give the ticket to Aiden. It is absolutely one of my all-time favorite memories. For Aiden, it is probably my second favorite memory of him, only second to setting my eyes on him for the first time after he was born. Gosh, I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat just thinking about it again. We have a little video of it, and I love to watch it. Aiden gets so excited that, even at only 2, his voice cracked because he almost cried.
ReplyDeleteWhy do they have to grow up so fast?!!