Although this Mother's Day wasn't anything out of the ordinary, it is nice to have a day of our own. My favorite part, as with any day, was doing something or going somewhere with my favorite boys. My day started by getting to sleep in a little longer than usual, which was a treat. Brant and Ben surprised me with flowers and cards and a new outdoor chair to lounge in this summer. We went to Ames to walk around Reiman Gardens before going to Great-Grandma Anderson's for lunch. Grandma enjoyed seeing Ben and we had a nice time catching up with her for a while.It seems to be a continous process of organizing and using space efficiently around our house, so we picked up a new cabinet to put in our entryway on our way home from Ames. Sometimes I think working on dealing with the "stuff" we have acquired over the past few months from my dad's house, which has then uprooted some of the original stuff, is the biggest treat of all. It seems to be something that gets put off and put off again. When it is actually addressed, it is important to jump at the opportunity!! I detest clutter and junk and I'm hoping that someday... someday it will no longer be an issue. I should have asked for that for Mother's Day!
I am a mother myself and should relish in the day of appreciation, but Mother's Day is also a blatant reminder of the absence of my own mother. It will be three years in June and although the really hard days are fewer and far between, and now sometimes augmented by the loss of Dad, they still happen and I have to continue allowing myself to have them. Yesterday was a very hard day. I suppose it may have had to do with Mother's Day or other reminders, or maybe it didn't, but I was reminded that even though time goes on, it still hurts. So, on this Mother's Day, I send a tribute to my own mother. I love you, Mom, and miss you dearly!



I love those little flip flop shoes on Ben.
ReplyDelete