Monday, January 12, 2009

Events of the Week


We've had a busy week since heading back to work. Brant celebrated a birthday last week and Ben and I threw him a little family birthday party. As you can see in the picture, Brant even had the privilege of eating his birthday-requested hamburger and potato wedges off of the "special plate." I think Brant enjoyed the last birthday of his 20's. I'm glad I still have a few of those left!

Ben was suppose to begin his Kindermusik classes on Monday, but due to the weather (seriously, I don't know if I can take much more of this) it was canceled. So, we will start next week instead. It will be interesting to see what a room full of babies and music will be like, but I figured it would get us out of the house one night a week and give Ben a little socialization time, and me too, I suppose.

A month ago on the 12th marked the day that my dad passed away. In a way it feels like yesterday, and in other ways it feels like I have lived a lifetime since then. Everything is still very fresh and raw. Ben has a book called Who Loves Baby. There are pictures of family members in it. One night as we looked at it and talked about the pictures, he grabbed the book to take a closer look every time we turned to Grandpa Dave. I think Ben misses him too in some way, even if he doesn't understand and won't remember any of this.

We are looking forward to our friend Katie's post-cancer treatment party this weekend, not only for the obvious reason of celebrating with our fabulous friend for this milestone, but to also have a night on the town together!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize this was such a big bday for Branters...the last 20s bday! have fun at Katie's shindig. Please give her a big hug for me!

    ReplyDelete